Growing Up With Eurovision
Come in and chat, Acidica has some stories about growing up with Eurovision on TV (even on the news!) and how they fell both in and out of love with the song contest while growing up in Sweden. After all, as they say in the episode, Eurovision is religion in Sweden.
While this episode isn’t all positives, there’s plenty of good music.
I say good because, well, let’s face it, the songs over the years haven’t been all bangers. This episode has a lot of music and most of it Acidica was kind enough to recommend and give a little backstory on it.
1. Waterloo – ABBA (Sweden: 1974)
2. Charlotte Nilsson – Take Me To Your Heaven (Sweden: 1999)
3. Sunstroke Project & Olia Tira – Run Away (Moldova: 2010)
4. Sébastian Tellier – Divine (France: 2008)
5. Ruslana – Wild Dances (Ukraine: 2004)
6. LT – We Are the Winners of Eurovision (Lithuania: 2006)
7. Sestre – Samo Ljubezen (Slovenia: 2002)
8. Hatari – Hatrið mun Sigra (Iceland: 2019)
9. Cornelia Jakobs – Hold Me Closer (Sweden: 2022)
10. Grotesco – Tingeliin (Tingeling russian base-lovers remix) (Melodifestivalen: 2009)
Extra show notes from Acidica!
Carola – Fångad av en Stormvind (Sweden:1991)
We won with this in Italy 1991. Fun fact, until Måneskin, Italy hadn’t won since 1990 when they hosted this competition where Sweden won!
Ping Pong – Sameyakh (Israel: 2000)
AWZ – Vizlát nyár (Hungary: 2018)
For the Blind Channel fans… This guy could give Matthias a run for his money
Alf Poier – Weil der Mencsh Zählt (Austria: 2003)
Can Bonomo – Love me Back (Turkey: 2012)
Lordi – Hard Rock Hallelujah (Finland 2006)
Pirates of the Sea – Wolves of the Sea (Latvia: 2008)
As the song goes on, fewer and fewer mics are on
Finding Eurovision is a 7-part podcast series about the Eurovision Song Contest and the music from a group of friends who watch it. #findingesc