This episode meets all Can-Con requirements as Kat is joined by all four members of Shadow of Everest, the band that this very podcast played a track from on its very first episode. We talk about being a band in Atlantic Canada, Tool, existing outside genres and their new EP “Idle Hands”. As well the track listing is full of bands from the Maritimes, who says they don’t put out great music?
Book: A Distorted Revolution: How Eric’s Trip Changed Music, Moncton, and Me (amazon)
Shadow of Everest links: Website | Facebook | Twitter | BandCamp
1. Feel the Same Way Too – The Rankin Family (Nova Scotia)
2. Behind the Garage – Eric’s Trip (New Brunswick)
3. Peter’s Dream – Lennie Gallant (Prince Edward Island)
4. Idle Hands – Shadow of Everest (Nova Scotia)
*As always support the music you love by buying their songs, merchandise, and show tickets.
The first episode of Start the Music without a guest, but have no fear because that half hour of talking has been replaced with twenty-six shiny minutes of music from across the genres. Take it on a commute, listen on a lunch break, there’s something for everyone. For less than the cost of a latte in Canada you can own all these tracks.
Days before the episode dropped I got to see Trapper Schoepp live at the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver, BC! An acoustic set with so much power! His song Bumper Cars is song number four, check it and the others out!
1. Fear – Americas Pastime
2. Back on Track – Counter Theory
4. Bumper Cars – Trapper Schoepp
5. Saturday Night – Johnny & the Razorblades
6. Time Heals – Arbors Lane
7. Russian Beers – Woodchuck
8. Warriors – Static Alice
9. There Goes my Baby – The Millwinders
*As always support the music you love by buying their songs, merchandise, and show tickets.[Top]